Test your memory skills with this adorable Pirate Matching Game for preschoolers! It’s perfect for Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Ahoy, matey! Need a fun activity for Talk Like a Pirate Day? Play a Pirate Matching Game!
Memory matching games are some of our favorites as they help improve hand-eye coordination, memory skills, and visual recognition and association skills.
This adorable Pirate Matching Game features 24 cards total with 12 different pirate-related images.
Playing is simple! Here’s how you do it:
- Print out the pages on heavy paper or cardstock.
- Cut out the cards.
- Turn them over one at a time in a grid so that the pictures are facing down.
- Have kids take turns drawing two cards to see if they can find a card.
- The player with the most matches at the end of the game wins!
- Print the cards out on heavy paper so that the images cannot be seen through the card when they’re placed face down.
- After cutting out the cards, laminate them to make them last longer.
- Store the cards in a clear, zippered baggie so that they stay together.
- Keep all of your memory matching games in a snap-close container such as this and label it your “Matching Games Suitcase.”