Brighten up any day with a super cute sun craft for kids!
It’s a sunshine day and the perfect time to break out the crayons and scissors to create a fun sun craft with your little ones.
This paper sun craft is a super simple yet engaging activity that is great for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners.
They can work on their coloring techniques, strengthen fine motor skills, and express their creative thoughts with this easy printable project.
Crafting a Paper Sun
Crafting a big and bright paper sun is an exciting and engaging art project for young students.
It’s really amazing because it provides hours of fun, as well as an opportunity for little ones to show off their art skills.
Kids will be able to build a sun paper craft by using only a few materials, most of which you probably already have on hand.
Look below to find the complete materials list and the instructions on how to make a shining paper sun project.
Materials to Make a Paper Sun:
- Our FREE Sun Paper Craft Template (It’s in the Freebies Library)
- Crayons or Markers
- Kid-friendly Scissors
- Glue or Glue Stick
Instructions to Make a Paper Sun:
- Print out the sun paper craft template. You can print as many as you like.
- With the crayons or markers, have children color in all of the different parts of the sun. You can also use the pre-colored version is coloring is not their jam.
- Next, cut out all of the sun parts by cutting along the dotted lines with the scissors. *Note: younger kids might need help cutting, while older children might just need some supervision.
- Then, build the sun by gluing all of the cut-out parts together.
- When all of the glue is dry, the big and bright paper sun can be put on display. Hang it in a window, on a wall, or from the ceiling for extra fun.
Paper Sun Project for Kids
This brilliant paper sun project for kids is a perfect summer craft, rainy day activity, or just simply something fun to do.
With longer days and warmer weather on the way, introducing a sun paper craft to your little ones will surely create some excitement.
As your kids color, cut, and build a paper sun, kids will grow and learn.
Make the most of this simple sun project by pairing this activity with a book reading, sing-along, or pretend play scenario.
If you’re ready to begin, head on over to the Freebies Library and print your free templates today!